Приветствую Вас Гость
RSS

СТУДИЯ СИЛКВАЙР
Главная Регистрация Вход
Обсуждение. Семинар №17 - Форум »
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Модератор форума: Ani, Cthulhu  
Форум » Все форумы » Семинар » Обсуждение. Семинар №17 (обязательно для участников)
Обсуждение. Семинар №17
Silk-WireДата: Суббота, 01.03.2014, 13:30 | Сообщение # 1
The Vorpal Blade
Награды: 7
Статус: Offline
It was their first official date. Greg Tenorly and Cynthia Blockerman had been through quite an ordeal together—being hunted by police for the murder of her abusive husband while they ran from the real killer.
But all that was behind them now. All charges against them had been dropped, and Cynthia’s husband had been buried. And the rumors would have died down eventually if they had gone their separate ways.
They could feel the stares as they walked to their table. Greg had requested the most private booth, way in the back. Coreyville Pasta House was the oldest Italian restaurant in town. And still the best. Mama Castilla had run the place for over thirty years. She had taken over for her grandfather in 1973. A sign on the wall said so.
Cynthia ordered the Fettuccini Alfredo. Greg went with his favorite, the Chicken Parmesan. Both ordered iced tea and salad. The bread and olive oil with roasted garlic and pepper came with every meal. Greg could not resist great bread. And this was the best. He tore off a chunk as soon as the waitress delivered it. Cynthia would wait for the salad.
“So we’re finally on a real date,” said Greg.
“Yeah. So how does it feel?”
“Kinda weird and scary and…wonderful.”
Cynthia smiled and Greg momentarily forgot all about the amazing aroma in the restaurant. All he wanted to do was kiss her. But that would have to wait. So, his hunger came rushing back.
Cynthia’s mood turned serious. “I don’t want to spoil our date, but I’ve got to tell you something.”
Greg wondered if he had done something wrong. He could fix it—whatever it was.
“I’ve asked Mom to move in with me.”
“Why? I thought she was happy living in Marshall.”
“She was.”
“What do you mean? What happened?”
“The other night a friend of hers was murdered. And the woman lived on her street. They killed her nurse too.”
“Was it a burglary? Did she have a lot of cash or jewelry in the house?”
“She had a safe. They took whatever was in it. So, yeah, she probably has something of value, but nobody knows what.”
“But why did they have to kill an old woman and a nurse? Why didn’t they just wear a mask and tie them up?”
“I don’t know. But now Mom’s afraid. And I don’t blame her.”
“Does she keep valuables in the house?”
“No. But somebody like that would probably kill you whether you had anything or not. It could even be a serial killer.”
“Yeah, I can see why she’s not happy there anymore.”
“Besides, if she lived with me I could spend a lot more time with her.”
“I hope you two get along well.”
“Oh, we do. We never get on each other’s nerves.” Cynthia hoped this news would not scare Greg off. She was not ready to say the ‘L’ word out loud. She couldn’t even say it in her head. But it was already in her heart.
Greg walked Cynthia to her front door.
“Greg, I had a wonderful time. And I can’t believe I’d never tried the Pasta House before. It was great.”
“Yeah, I love their food. But not half as much as I love being with you.” He would hold off on telling her he loved her. Although, what he had just said was dangerously close, he thought. He just didn’t want her to freak out.
Cynthia gave him a smile that turned him to mush as she moved in close, ready for contact.
As he lowered his head to give her a light kiss, he imagined her mother peeping through the window. How would they have any privacy if she moved in? But then the warmth of Cynthia’s lips began to melt his inhibitions, and made him forget all about her mother. He stepped in as he pulled her gently toward his body. That sent a million little turned-on messengers screaming to his brain all at once.
He would later realize that it wouldn’t matter who was watching while they were kissing. You don’t care about anything else in the world when you’re completely out of your mind with ecstasy.
Cynthia was like a drug. And Greg was already addicted.
“Should I leave the top down or put it up?”
It was Saturday morning and Greg and Cynthia were getting into his red 1965 Pontiac Bonneville convertible.
“Leave it down. I want to show it off to Mom. I told her about it and she thought it sounded cool.”
“Really? She used the word cool?”
“Hey, she’s 67—not 97.”
“Sorry.”
“She was born in 1939. People said cool back then.”
“Yeah, meaning not warm.”
“No, really, they did.”
“Well, I know jazz musicians used it that way in the 40s. Not sure about nine year olds.”
Cynthia slapped Greg lightly on the shoulder. “Shut up and drive.”
“Yes, Ma’am.”
It would take less than twenty minutes to drive to Beverly Sonora’s house in Marshall.
“Do you really think your Mom will want to sell her house and move in with you?”
“I hope so. She’s still pretty shaken up by the murders.”
“How long has she lived there?”
“I grew up in that house. She’s been there since the early 70s. But she doesn’t need a big house anymore.”
“So, you want her to move in with you permanently?”
“Actually, I hope she’ll consider Coreyville Community House at some point. That would be great, I think. They have plenty of fun activities for the residents. And she could make new friends. But I don’t want to mention it right now. She’s definitely not ready for that. Maybe in a year or two.”
Marshall is one of those towns that reminds you of its history everywhere you look. It was founded in 1841—four years before Texas became a state. By 1860, it had become the fourth largest city in Texas. That was in the day when the riverboat was the king of transportation. Before the U.S. Corps of Engineers dropped the water level in Big Cypress Bayou. Before the railroad came.
The current population of Marshall is about 25,000. The city has two outstanding small colleges: Wiley College, primarily a black school, affiliated with the United Methodist Church, and East Texas Baptist University. One of Greg’s church choir members had attended ETBU.
“You think your mom will like me?”
“Sure. I’ve told her so many good things about you, she already does.”
“Like what?”
“Sorry. Mom-daughter confidentiality.”
“Well, I just hope she’s not disappointed.”
“Quit worrying. Believe me—she’ll fall in love with you.”
Just like you did? Greg wondered.

Желающих высказаться - милости просим. smile

Перевожу иероглифы каприкорнов. Недорого.

НиколайДата: Суббота, 01.03.2014, 13:31 | Сообщение # 2
Собеседник Века
Награды: 1
Задания-оригинала нигде не видно – с чем сравнивать переводы не понятно. Чисто по-читательски смущают следующие слова и фразы:

Lizzy
«Тихая» - там явно подразумевается какой-то сленг.
«Царили речные суда». Понятно, что хотел сказать переводчик, но у меня как-то язык не поворачивается сказать, что в мое детство царили отечественные автомобили и черно-белые телевизоры. К тому же у слова «царить», ИМХО, восточное звучание.
«Травля полицией». Мне кажется, «травля кем-то» - звучит не ахти, даже если собаками. В данном случае вообще речь о другом. Груздев не пережил «травлю милицией». Милиция просто пыталась свешать на него убийство Ларисы. Травля – это когда не принимают на работу, избивают, не пускают в общественные места представителей какой-то национальности, вероисповедания и т.п.
«Паста» по-итальянски «макаронные изделия». Не знаю, прижилось ли это значение в русском, но надо бы с ним поосторожней. Я бы на какие-нибудь «спагетти» заменил.
«Грег сразу набросился на хлеб и отломил целый ломоть» - т.е. у него троглодитско-питекантроповские манеры? Не говоря уж о том, что два однокоренных рядом (отломить ломоть) – ужас, ужас!!!
«Неужели он все испортил. Теряясь в догадках, он предвидел худшее». Я бы первую точку заменил на вопросительный знак, второго «он»а – на «Грег»а, а «предвидел» - на «ожидал, опасался».
«Убили ее подругу, вместе с сиделкой. Она жила с мамой по соседству». «Она» - получается сиделка?
«Слегка необычно… и замечательно». Не знаю почему, но не нравится.
Все вышеперечисленное у Рулевого мне понравилось больше. У него, в свою очередь, смущают:
«Приступ аппетита» - это шутка? Как-то мне она не очень.
«Чувствовали провожающие (я бы добавил «их») взгляды».
«Связать обоих» - в отличие от «обеих» так говорят про мальчиков. По-моему, лучше просто «их».
«Может напасть вне зависимости, есть у нее что-то или нет» - грамотнее, ИМХО, будет «независимо от того». И все равно шибко официально получится. Лучше бы: «не разобравшись (разведав) – есть там у них что-то или нет».
«Позже он понял, что неважно, кто за тобой наблюдает, когда ты целуешься» - длинноватая цепочка придаточных.
«Ты точно уверена, что твоя мать» - я бы «точно» убрал: «А ты уверена».
«В церковном хоре Грега» - звучит как будто он ими дирижировал.

LizzyДата: Суббота, 01.03.2014, 13:31 | Сообщение # 3
Живое Слово
Награды: 13
Цитата Николай ()
Задания-оригинала нигде не видно – с чем сравнивать переводы не понятно.

Николай, оригинал по обыкновению лежит в Библиотеке до срока, а затем его выставляют в теме. smile

Совершенно верно ) Так что если у кого-то еще есть замечания - пишем их сюда!

Дурак учится на своих ошибках, умный — на чужих, а мудрый использует опыт и тех, и других себе на пользу.

Сообщение отредактировал Silk-Wire - Суббота, 01.03.2014, 13:34

LizzyДата: Суббота, 01.03.2014, 13:59 | Сообщение # 4
Живое Слово
Награды: 13
Хочу признаться в любви этому тексту! Он мне очень понравился. Географические, гастрономическое и историческое удовольствие в одном флаконе! smile

Кто испугался большего, чем обычно, объёма много потерял. Рулевому спасибо за компанию. Как говорится, всё познаётся в сравнении. smile

RulleVoy, а ещё классно у Вас с игрой слов вышло! С этими cool hot jazz! Я не додумалась sad

Николай, большое спасибо Вам за замечания. Согласна со всеми. yes

И хочу поделиться со всеми своими находками o Big Cypress Bayou smile

Поёт Рой Орбисон! happy

Песенка о герое, который мечтает вернутся в края "голубой воды" и кипарисов, где он был счастлив и оставил свою "малышку", и он обязательно к ней вернется и все мечты сбудутся biggrin

Красота невероятная! happy

http://trasyy.livejournal.com/678929.html

http://world.lib.ru/a/andreewa_k_a/caddo.shtml

Дурак учится на своих ошибках, умный — на чужих, а мудрый использует опыт и тех, и других себе на пользу.

Сообщение отредактировал Lizzy - Суббота, 01.03.2014, 14:24

RulleVoyДата: Вторник, 04.03.2014, 04:52 | Сообщение # 5
Собеседник Века
Награды: 9
Лиззи,
Спасибо за Роя Орбисона. А то, кроме "Претти вумен", ничего уже и не помнится.

Николай
Ваша стилистическая правка нравится. Всё точно подмечено. Спасибо.
В общем cool. Надеюсь следующий семинар соберет больше учеников.

НиколайДата: Пятница, 07.03.2014, 09:39 | Сообщение # 6
Собеседник Века
Мне кажется, «драчливый» - это любитель подраться, а не поколотить кого-то, и не совсем то, что ‘abusive’. Я бы чуть изменил вариант Lizzy вместо «муж Синтии» - «муж-тиран упокоился с миром».

RulleVoyДата: Воскресенье, 09.03.2014, 01:23 | Сообщение # 7
Собеседник Века
Награды: 9
Да, можно подобрать синоним: дручун, распускавший руки, семейный насильник и т.д.

НиколайДата: Понедельник, 10.03.2014, 09:12 | Сообщение # 8
Собеседник Века
Еще Буртон глаз режет. Если имелся в виду 'Burton', так его принято транскрибировать Бертон.

Форум » Все форумы » Семинар » Обсуждение. Семинар №17 (обязательно для участников)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright sw-translations © 2024 При использовании материалов сайта ставьте гиперссылку!